Pages

Monday, October 17, 2011

Food glorious food...


Remember these chillis from the other day??

Well they were really hot  and  REALLY good.  So here's my recipe:

Lacto Fermented Chillis

1 cup small red chillis
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp sugar
1 tsp whey

Blend everything and spoon into a small jar and leave at room temperature for 3 days then refrigerate.

  How easy is that ??

Now, my chillis were a bit chunky as I don't have a proper blender - I used my stick blender.  I imagine with a 'real' blender you'd end up with a very smooth consistency - I kinda like it with texture.

TIP:  I filled my jar to the top and by the end of day 2 it had 'grown' and overflowed a little.  So I had to scoop some out.  Don't overfill your jar !

I've been mixing my chilli sauce with this lacto fermented tomato sauce recipe.  It is so yummy !  Have a go at making this sauce, because I'm sure it's about as close as you'll get to the real thing, and my kids haven't even noticed the difference - have yet to find the courage to try it out on the man in my house !!  Maybe I'll have to sneak some into the regular sauce bottle and gradually increase the ratio he! he! 



Remember these ???




well today they ended up in here.  They were so fresh and so green I just had to pick them to make some pesto.


Here's my recipe:

Basil Pesto

in a food processer, mix together

a BIG handful of basil leaves

a BIG handful of parmesan cheese

a handful of pine nuts

a couple of tablespoons olive oil

sea salt to taste

Enjoy !!



Here's what Ruby and her friends did this morning...


Mixing and singing...a little bit of love makes everything taste better !


my little girl REALLY wants to join in


so she got to eat the first cupcake...


while the rest got some special attention.



Ta-daaaaaaa!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment