Pages

Monday, October 17, 2011

I love youtube....

You can learn anything on youtube, seriously, it's so cool !!!

I love how random people blog about something they just whipped up today, and often they're referring to something they either knitted or crocheted (is that how you spell it ?).  Well I have tried knitting and it just doesn't seem to happen for me - maybe I'll try it again in a few years time.  But crochet, now there's something I might be able to do!  So I looked up a tutorial on youtube - and there are heaps of them, so take your pick!  I learnt how to do a chain stitch and a single crochet, and then I had a go at this....


Check out my beautiful model wearing her new mum-made headband !!

It's not perfect, and I didn't expect it to be - started with 8 stitches across and by the time I got to the end, there were only 5 across, but hey, it's not really that obvious, and Marlise loves wearing it !



So now I'm a confident crochet- er, of sorts, the next thing to learn was a double crochet stitch....no worries !  Back to youtube.  I learnt how to do it, then put it into practice making a dish cloth.


Aren't they pretty !!  Ok, so I got excited and made 2.  And I can't say I just whipped  them up today, coz it took a few days...my hand got tired after  a few rows on the first one, so I had to pace myself, but the 2nd one was so much easier.

I tried one out this morning, and hey ! it works !  Did I really expect it not to? 

 It feels wonderfully satisfying to be able to use something that I made myself - something that's reusable, something that saves money.

And it feels even better that I can add something new to my list of "things I don't have to buy from the shops.



No comments:

Post a Comment